Getting your wedding dress is such an exciting part of wedding planning! Finding a trustworthy shop, however, can be challenging. That’s why I put together a list of some of the locally owned wedding dress shops in Toledo to help you in your search! Check out each of the four shops below and find out how to schedule an appointment.
Belle Amour Bridal
This bridal shop is located at 133 N Michigan St in Downtown Toledo. Opened in 2012, they have over 200 dresses they are able to order from around the world with over 100 dresses available in the shop to take home day of. In addition to wedding gowns, they also sell bridesmaids, mothers, and flowergirls dresses. Some of the designers they carry are Justin Alexander, Made with Love, Sincerity, and Lillian West. There are several others listed as well. Click here to schedule your appointment or call 419-244-1812.
This shop is Toledo’s newest and is also in Downtown Toledo located at 911 Madison Ave. Some designers you can find here are Eddy K, Sophia Tolli, and even their own private label. Their dresses range in price from $1400-4000. Off the rack dresses range from $599-999, and they can do alternations in-house. Click here to schedule a visit!
Toledo Wedding Dress Shops: Atlas Bridal and Jim’s Formal Wear
This next Toledo wedding dress shop is in West Toledo near the Franklin Park mall at 4895 Monroe. They have been around for almost 100 years! What’s nice about Atlas is that they also have menswear through Jim’s Formal Wear and also have in-house seamstresses. To book an appointment, click here or call 419-474-9119. You might even get champagne!
The Gown Shop
This gown shop is located just outside Toledo in Perrysburg at 202 Louisiana Ave. Some designers available are Madi Lane, Essence of Australia, Martina Liana, Mikaella, and their own private label. Call them at 419-679-4696 or visit their website to schedule an appointment.
Dress Shopping Tips
Here are some things to keep in mind while you’re looking for that perfect dress:
- Order your dress at least a year before your wedding to make sure you have enough time to get it ordered and altered
- ALWAYS schedule an appointment, never walk in
- Don’t bring too many people with you to try on dresses. More people means more opinions. Keep it simple and invite up to 4 trusted people in your circle such as your mom, best friend, or grandma.
- Keep an open mind. You might think you know what style you want, but you could fall in love with something totally different!
- Be patient. You might buy the first dress you try on, or it might take some time. If you’re not in love with any dress you’ve tried on, come back another day or try another shop.
Happy dress hunting!!! I hope this helps you in your search, and I am so excited for you to find that dream gown. If you’re ready to book some other vendors, check out my blog post on my favorite Toledo florists next!